lunes, 13 de febrero de 2012

The Gaslight Anthem. The Diamond Church Street Choir




And now the lights go low on the avenue
And the cars pass by in the rain
And the university boys and the girls fill the bars,
While I’m just waiting on the light to change
And the steam heat pours from the bodies on the floor
Down in the basement where the jackknives play
For the Hub City girls and the ribbons and their curls
Who know the meaning of stayin’ out late,
They know the meaning of stayin’ out very, very late
Singing who does it better than we do,
Them sopranos in Andy Diamond's choir
And wo wo wo wo nobody knows,
I’ve been crazy for so long without you,
yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

And I found my beat down out in the universe,
Though I never forget where im from.
I mighta moved away from home and slept out there on my own,
A million miles away in a storm,
But the beat never leaves and the temple’s a relief,
Until my aching bones rambling all over
And if I’m gone for too long,
I can always hold on long
So don’t you never forget what I told you,
Don’t you never forget what I told you.

Everyone singin’
Who does it better than we do,
Them sopranos in Andy Diamond's choir
And wo wo wo wo nobody knows,
I’ve been crazy for so long without you,

And just, baby, who sings the rhythm and the blues so sad and so slow like I do, like I do
And oh ain’t it just like you want to
And ohh ain’t it just like you always wanted too
Yes, yes, yes, yes, every night waitin’ so long without you

And baby, who sings it better than we do
Them sopranos in Andy Diamond's choir
And wo wo wo wo nobody knows Ive been crazy crazy, crazy, crazy (crazy for so long without you)
Yes, baby, who sings the rhythm and the blues so sad, so slow like I do and just like you want to
Let me know what yall think

3 comentarios:

ander dijo...

esta muy guapo el grupo este impronunciable jejeje, y el tema de sam cooke que pusiste antes parece premonitorio, sabes que este año en azkena nos alojamos en "camas mary"?? jajaja meet me at mary's place
rock on

Jim Garry dijo...

A ver si vienen por aqui estos tipos. Tiene que molar verles en una sala pequeña. Lo de la canción de Cooke a ver si me trae suerte y me cuadra ir al Azkena aunque sea un día.

Sex, love and rock´n soul

manel dijo...

Los pude ver en la sala Apolo de Barcelona y confirmaron todo lo bueno que apuntan sus discos. Me encanta esta banda. Saludos.